- Multiplexed detection of pathogens
- Adherence/compliance monitoring
- Detection of prognostic biomarkers that reflect disease severity
Monitoring environmental pollution, detection of biomarkers
in biological samples and tracking food pathogens require simultaneous identification of multiple of analytes. In developing markets, low cost robust assays
of adequate sensitivity and specificity are not available.
This work presents a compact point-of-care sensor platform capable of simultaneous detection of multiple analytes – proteins, nucleic acids, carbohydrates, toxins, drugs, and drug metabolites. The sensor consists of a paperfluidic platform with multiple channels that guide analytes to sensing areas arranged in a matrix format. Via a sandwich assay using capture and detection antibody pairs, the device can detect multiple analytes in a sample and display the results in a mobile phone or machine readable format, which converts the diagnostics results into a digital format with GPS and time/date data.
- Independent detection of up to 8-10 biomarkers from the
- Faster speed of detection and analysis
- Lower cost comparing to traditional analytical lab tools (ELISA, PCR)
- Conversion of the results into digital format using mobile phone detection scheme